Do you love eating freshly-cooked, juicy sausages from the comfort of your home? The taste of crispy, juicy, and perfectly made sausages is mesmerizing. But how can you make the perfect sausages from the comfort of your home?
You can use an air fryer for making perfectly fried sausages at your home. An air fryer is a healthier alternative to deep-fried food items. It makes use of less to no oil for preparing perfect fried food items.
You can cook crispy and moist sausages with flavors in an air fryer. You don’t have to visit costly restaurants to eat yummy sausages. Now you can eat them at your home with minimal effort.
But how to cook sausages in an air fryer? Here is the process that you can use to cook sausages in an air fryer with minimal effort and less time.
Types of Sausages
There are many types of sausages available in the market. Each has its textures, taste, and time to cook. You can cook multiple types of sausages in an air fryer.
Here is the list of types of sausages you can cook in an air fryer:
- Larger Sausages
- German Bratwurst
- Cocktail sausages
- Thin pork sausages
- Small breakfast sausages
- Chicken sausages
- Beef sausages
- Italian Sausages
- Turkey Sausages
You can cook all the above types of sausages in an air fryer. You can cook them within 8-15 minutes without overcooking or burning them.
Cooking sausages in an air fryer is not rocket science. You can prepare yummy sausages in an air fryer with few ingredients. Here is the list of everything you require:
Grab your favorite type of sausages. You can cook any type of sausage with an air fryer. You can either take fresh sausages or frozen sausages. Both types of sausage taste best when cooked at the right temperature.
An Air Fryer
The air fryer is the main cooking equipment you require for cooking. You can buy the air fryer which suits your budget and requirements the best. There are a plethora of models available in the market. Almost every air fryer has the feature of cooking sausages in them. Thus, it’s your choice to buy an air fryer.
The air fryer cooks healthier versions of all the fried food items. You don’t require much oil for cooking food items in an air fryer. Sprinkling a few drops of oil over the food items before cooking creates a crisp layer over the food items. It will enhance the taste of the cooked item.
Process To Cook Sausages in the Air Fryer
Here is the process with which you can cook lip-smacking sausages in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer before beginning the cooking process. Preheat the air fryer to 180.250 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare your sausages by pricking them in the center. You can make use of a knife or fork for pricking the sausages.
- Sprinkle oil drops on the bottom of the air fryer. It prevents the sticking of sausages to the bottom.
- Carefully place the sausages at the bottom of the air fryer.
- Adjust the timer for 12 minutes depending upon the size of the sausages. For exact timings, check the cooking manual of your air fryer.
- Reverse the sausages after half cooking time.
- After the timer is over, check if the sausages need more cooking.
- Serve the hot sausages with your favorite meal.
Tips for Cooking Lip-Smacking Sausages
Here are some tips that you can follow while cooking sausages in an air fryer:
- Always prick the sausages before cooking in the air fryer. It helps in cooking the sausages evenly from the inside out.
- Adjust the temperature and timer according to the type of sausage you are cooking in the air fryer. The same temperature and timer for all the types of sausages may not be right and will lead to improper or overcooking of the sausages.
- Don’t overload the air fryer with too many sausages at one time. Layering sausages over one other may not cook all the sausages properly. If you wish to cook a large batch of sausages, cook them in small batches. It will ensure the proper cooking of the sausage.
- Do not remove the skin of the sausages before cooking. Skin helps in locking the flavors, juices inside the sausage.
- Use parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer basket. It helps in preventing air smoke inside the air fryer.
Sausages are one of the yummiest dishes you can have in your breakfast, lunch, snacks, and even dinner. They go well with almost every dish. They are also quick and easy to make. You can cook yummy sausages with an air fryer in less oil and less time.
You can cook multiple types of sausages in an air fryer. We have a complete list of sausages on the top.
There is a simple process for preparing lip-smacking sausages. You can cook an air fryer using the recipe we mentioned in the blog. It is simple and very easy to follow.
Jacob Wilson is an experienced writer and reviewer in the home appliances industry, with a particular focus on kitchen appliances. With a background in consumer research and product testing, Jacob Wilson has spent years researching and testing various products to help consumers make informed buying decisions. Jacob Wilson is passionate about finding affordable and efficient products that meet consumers’ needs and expectations. As an expert in the field, Jacob Wilson regularly shares their insights and recommendations with readers to help them make informed purchasing decisions.