Do you love the taste of freshly roasted potatoes? Potatoes are a favorite dish of the majority of people. You can experiment with potatoes in multiple dishes and spices.
Roasted potatoes are one of such dishes you can prepare easily in an air fryer. Using an air fryer for preparing roasted potatoes is a healthier version of deep-fried potatoes.
It is very easy to make yummy roasted potatoes in an air fryer. It requires very little oil to cook. Thus, you can munch on roasted potatoes without the guilt of having fried or unhealthy food items.
Roasted potatoes in an air fryer are moist inside and crispy outside. The thin golden layer outside the roasted potatoes tastes immense with flavors. Thus, use an air fryer for preparing lip-smacking roasted potatoes. But how to cook roast potatoes in an air fryer?
Here you will know all you need to cook roast potatoes in an air fryer. You can customize the spices for roasted potatoes according to your flavors.
Preparing roast potatoes in an air fryer is super easy. You don’t need a plethora of ingredients for cooking yummy roast potatoes in an air fryer. Here is the list of ingredients that you require for preparing roast potatoes in an air fryer:
For cooking roast potatoes in an air fryer, red potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, and russet potatoes are some of the best types of potatoes you can use for roast potatoes.
Try finding baby potatoes for roast potatoes. They taste wonderful when cooked inside an air fryer.
Don’t get worried after seeing oil as one of the ingredients. You don’t require a lot of oil for cooking roast potatoes in the air fryer. You need oil for sprinkling over roast potatoes.
You can take your favorite seasonings for roasted potatoes. You can take Italian seasoning, black pepper powder, garlic powder, salt, cajun spice, and lemon for seasoning your roasted potatoes.
You can even have coriander and parsley springs for sprinkling over the prepared roast potatoes.
An air fryer is a major piece of equipment for preparing roast potatoes in an air fryer. You can buy an air fryer with a decent air fryer with standard features and settings.
There are many air fryer models available on the market. You can buy the air fryer according to your requirements and budget.
The Process to Cook Roast Potatoes
You can cook roast potatoes in an air fryer with different recipes and flavors. All the flavors depend upon your taste and requirements. Here is one of the best recipes for cooking roast potatoes in an air fryer:
- Take a bowl and place all your potatoes in it.
- Sprinkle oil, flavors, and lemon over your potatoes
- Mix all the ingredients with potatoes all together in the bowl
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Place the prepped potatoes in the air fryer basket.
- Select the roast mode in your air fryer
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes
- After half process, shake the air fryer basket and mix the potatoes
- Cook your potatoes until they are golden
- Serve hot roast potatoes with your favorite dip.
Tips for Cooking Roast Potatoes
You can prepare roast potatoes in an air fryer with less oil. They are a healthier version of deep-fried potatoes. Here are some tips that can help you prepare lip-smacking roast potatoes in an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer before cooking roast potatoes in an air fryer. It is not mandatory to preheat the air fryer but it makes roast potatoes crispier.
- Soak your potatoes in cold water if your potatoes contain starch. Soaking potatoes for 10-15 mins will be ideal.
- If you are soaking your potatoes in water, pat dry them before frying. Add them to the air fryer after petting them dry otherwise, they will steam.
- Flip potatoes in half. Flipping ensures that all the potatoes are roasted evenly.
- Serve roast potatoes with homemade dips. Roast potatoes taste best when served hot.
Roast potato is a yummy dish to prepare with an air fryer. You can prepare it with minimal ingredients with no compromise on the flavors. Air fryers make use of less oil as compared to the deep-frying method. Thus, you always eat a healthy version.
Cooking roast potatoes in an air fryer is quick and comfortable from home. You don’t have to order them from a restaurant whenever you wish to eat them. Also, with an air fryer, you can add your favorite flavors and spices to your roast potatoes.
Thus, follow the steps to cook roast potatoes in the air fryer and enjoy a lip-smacking dish at your home.